As part of the manicure, I'll do a nail shape cuticle tidy before the gel polish is applied. This will help to keep the polish looking gorgeous for longer. Other things you can do at home are:
- Choose lighter colours in polish.
- Apply a clear top coat every two to three days, making sure you coat the exposed end of the nail too to seal it.
- Keep your nails clean, choosing to wash with mild soap rather than hand sanitisers.
- Apply a cuticle oil to moisturise the cuticles, skin around the nail and even under the nail.
- File your nails if they start chipping and apply another top coat.
- Wear gloves when doing the dishes.