We're all starting to get body ready for the warmer days so our spray tans are getting snapped up and with leg tans for $30.00 and full body tans for $45.00, it's not surprising. To get the best results from your tan, we've put together some tips:
- Wax a day or two before tanning. Waxing leaves the pores open which can lead to an uneven tan if applied too soon. If shaving, do so at least six hours before. Shaving also opens your pores and can damage the skin. Use soap and warm water to shave and then allow time for your skin to settle down.
- Exfoliate daily for a few days before your tan and regularly if you love a good spray tan! Exfoliating removes dead skin cells, dirt, and oil from the surface of your skin leaving a smooth surface to apply to. Remember those hard to reach areas that often get missed and the tougher spots of your knees, elbows, knuckles and ankles.
- Apply a moisturiser and good all-over polish the night before tanning, but avoid any cream, oil, lotion, or other skin product that you’d normally use the day of your tan. This includes makeup and deodorant. Try to shower about 8 hours prior to your appointment.
- Remove all jewellery before your tanning session and choose dark clothing before and after your tan. The spray solution, particularly, can rub off onto your clothes. Loose fitting cotton is the best choice, including your underwear.
- If applying at home products, keep palms tan-free by using latex gloves or an applicator mitt when applying. Make sure you cover all over. Don’t worry if you go over the same area twice – the tan will only be patchy if you miss a bit, not if you double up. Gently smooth in a gradual or self tan, rather than rubbing it in and avoid washing your hands for as long as possible in the development time. Your tan won’t get deeper the longer you leave it, rather, re-apply on successive days for a darker tan.
- When it is time to shower after your tan, use lukewarm water and simple washes. Over time, gently exfoliate every 2-3 days and apply a gradual tanning product to extend the life of your tan.
See you soon,