We're all starting to get body ready for the warmer days so our spray tans are getting snapped up and with leg tans for $30.00 and full body tans for $45.00, it's not surprising. To get the best results from your tan, we've put together some tips:
- Wax or shave 24 hours before tanning. Waxing and shaving leaves the pores open which can lead to an uneven tan if applied too soon. Schedule laser hair removal for at least 24 hours before tanning.
- Shower and exfoliate about 8 hours prior to your appointment and continue to exfoliate regularly afterwards if you love a good spray tan! Exfoliating removes dead skin cells, dirt, and oil from the surface of your skin leaving a smooth surface to apply to. Remember those hard to reach areas that often get missed and the tougher spots of your knees, elbows, knuckles and ankles.
- Apply a moisturiser and good all-over polish the night before tanning, but avoid any cream, oil, lotion, or other skin product that you’d normally use the day of your tan. This includes makeup and deodorant.
- Remove all jewellery before your tanning session and choose dark clothing before and after your tan. The spray solution, particularly, can rub off onto your clothes. Loose fitting cotton is the best choice, including your underwear.
- If applying at home products, keep palms tan-free by using latex gloves or an applicator mitt when applying. Make sure you cover all over. Don’t worry if you go over the same area twice – the tan will only be patchy if you miss a bit, not if you double up. Gently smooth in a gradual or self tan, rather than rubbing it in and avoid washing your hands for as long as possible in the development time. Your tan won’t get deeper the longer you leave it, rather, re-apply on successive days for a darker tan.
- After your tan, try not to touch your skin. Avoid sweating for 24 hours.
- When it is time to shower after your tan, use lukewarm water only and pat dry. Don't wash your hair at this time.
- Moisturise daily and apply a gradual tanning product to extend the life of your tan.
See you soon,